Click for larger image
Config/Selection: A / ROGV-029
Units per set: 1
UPC # 081227930950
• If voted to win, would be the first time their self-titled debut album on Slash would be reissued on vinyl since original release in 1988!
• Would be mastered from the original source.
• Would be pressed on 180g multi-color vinyl at Record Industry in the Netherlands and come in a deluxe single pocket tip-on Stoughton sleeve.
• Each LP would come numbered and strictly limited based on pre-orders
• If voted in, we will add several unreleased bonus tracks found in the vault
• If this title wins, fans will get the opportunity to vote on the colorway of the vinyl
Sons of Freedom were a Canadian alternative rock band of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The band consisting of vocalist James Newton, guitarist Don Harrison, bassist Don Binns and drummer Don Short, formed in 1986 in Vancouver. Their self-titled debut album was released in 1988 in Slash Records and was supported by a cross-Canada concert tour. The album was a hybrid rock-funk style which was described by critics as a cross between Led Zeppelin and Gang of Four. They won the CASBY Award for Most Promising Group in 1989 and were shortlisted for the Juno Award for Most Promising Group at the Juno Awards in 1990. The band’s second album, “Gump,” was released in 1991 on MCA in Canada and Chrysalis in the United States. The album debuted at #1 on Chart, Canada’s campus radio charts and spawned, “You’re No Good,” the band’s only single to chart in the RPM Hot 100. Is this album ripe for rediscovery? You tell us. If voted in, we’ll give it the usual ROG treatment.
1 Super Cool Wagon
2 The Criminal
3 Mona Lisa
4 Dead Dog On The Highway
5 The Holy Rollers
1 Judy Come Home
2 Is It Love
3 Fuck the System
4 This Is Tao
5 Alice Henderson