Artist: The Stooges
Title: Highlights From the Fun House Sessions
Label: Run Out Groove
Limited and numbered to 2906 LPs
Stooges is shipping around 9/15/17
- Brand new collection that includes some of the best alternate takes from the legendary Complete Fun House Sessions box set.
- First time all of these alternate tracks are available on vinyl with a new track sequence
- Each 2LP set is individually numbered and strictly limited based on pre orders
- 2LP, 180g multi-color swirl vinyl pressed at Record Industry comes in a gatefold tip-on Stoughton sleeve with brand new artwork and liner notes.
- Includes the legendary 17+ minute alternate version of L.A. Blues, titled “Freak,” that rocks the entire 4th side of this set.
1970: The Complete Fun House Sessions was recorded at Elektra Sound Recorders in Los Angeles and compiled from all thirteen reels of multi-track tape that held every note and snippet of studio dialogue. Twelve reels of tape were used during the original sessions, with the thirteenth reel having the takes that would be used on the studio album. This sprawling set which was originally aimed at the collector market would be challenging and cost prohibitive to reissue as a multi-disc vinyl box set. What is presented here is an attempt to assemble some of the best highlights from the Fun House Sessions on an officially-released 2LP set in high quality packaging with a sequence that hopefully proves to be an easier, and more casual listen. Included are some terrific alternate versions of Down on the Street, Loose, Dirt, Funhouse ,1970 and others, pulled from session reels 1, 4,6, 7, 9 & 11 and originally recorded on May 11,12, 15, 18, 21 & 25 of 1970. Also notable is the inclusion of the 17+ minute-version of L.A. Blues, titled as “Freak,” which encompasses the entire fourth side of this set and is the prime example of what makes the Funhouse Sessions both loved and feared simultaneously.
1 Studio Dialogue #23 (reel 6) May 18, 1970
2 Down on the Street Take 6 (Reel 6) May 18, 1970
3 Loose Take 16 (reel 4) May 15, 1970
4 T.V. Eye Take 5 (reel 7) May 18, 1970
5 Dirt Take 5 (reel 11) May 25, 1970
1 Studio Dialogue #3 (reel 1) May 11, 1970
2 1970 Take 3 (reel 1) May 11, 1970
3 Funhouse Take 3 (reel 9) May 21, 1970
1 Studio Dialogue #7 (reel 2) May 12, 1970
2 See That Cat (T.V. Eye) (reel 2) May 12, 1970
3 1970 Take 2 (reel 1) May 11, 1970
4 Lost in the Future Take 3 (reel 3) May 15, 1970
5 Slide (Slidin’ The Blues) (reel 4) May 15, 1970
1 Freak (L.A. Blues) Take 1 (reel 12) May 25, 1970